Click play below to listen to Amber Harper speak on teacher burnout:
If you’ve been listening to my podcast in the month of January, you know I have had multiple guests join me for my Best Year Ever series. This is the fourth and final episode and you are in for a real treat! With this final episode, I interviewed Amber Harper from The Burned In Teacher and we discussed all things related to teacher burnout. We had such an open and honest conversation about the challenges and pressures that teachers are facing and how the pandemic has affected education.
Amber Harper is a long-time educator, author, speaker, podcaster and the founder of The Burned In Teacher. She is also the author of Hacking Teacher Burnout, which gives struggling teachers a path to follow as they navigate their way out of burnout.
Amber described to me that there are actually various factors that can lead to teacher burnout and different ways that teachers can experience it. It was so eye-opening to hear and yet it was totally relatable. Not to mention the solutions we hear of these days relating to self-care are not always practical long-term.
I truly believe the strategies that Amber talked about are actually getting to the root of the problem rather than putting a band-aid on it. By utilizing these tips and strategies that Amber provides, you will be able to identify if you are burnt out and be able to access resources to help you. I hope you enjoyed this Best Year Ever series and finish out the month by checking into Amber’s resources for a happier and healthier school year!
In this episode on teacher burnout, we discuss:
- The story behind the creation of The Burned In Teacher
- Different factors that can cause teacher burnout
- Ways teachers can show signs of teacher burnout
- The 8 step Burned In process and tips for making changes
- Strategies and examples of how to collaborate with administrators
Amber Harper is a long-time educator, author, speaker, podcaster and the founder of The Burned In Teacher. She is also the author of Hacking Teacher Burnout, which gives struggling teachers a path to follow as they navigate their way out of burnout. In addition, Amber is a Teacher Burnout Coach with a mission of helping educators grow through their burnout and take their next, best steps toward what they want from their career in education and in life. As an expert in teacher burnout you may be surprised to hear that Amber has left, and more shockingly returned, to education two times. She is so passionate about teacher burnout because she has actually experienced it multiple times throughout her career.
- Join the Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.
- Listen to Amber’s Podcast: The Burned-In Teacher Podcast
- Check out Amber’s book book: Hacking Teacher Burnout
- Take the Burnout Quiz
- Check out the free Burned In Teacher Workshop
- Sign up for the Burned In Teacher Mastermind
Related episodes and blog posts:
- Episode 64, Nutrition That Works with a Teacher Schedule with Bre Baildon
- Episode 62, Investing and Saving for Retirement as a Teacher with Jeremy Schneider
- Episode 60, Practical Self Care for Teachers with Sarah Forst, The Designer Teacher
- Episode 57, How to Recharge Over the Holidays
Connect with me:
- Join my newsletter
- Join the Upper Elementary Reading Teachers Facebook group
- Shop my TPT store here
- Instagram: @thestellarteachercompany
- Facebook: The Stellar Teacher Company
More About Stellar Teacher Podcast:
Welcome to the Stellar Teacher Podcast! We believe teaching literacy is a skill. It takes a lot of time, practice, and effort to be good at it. This podcast will show you how to level up your literacy instruction and make a massive impact with your students, all while having a little fun!
Your host, Sara Marye, is a literacy specialist passionate about helping elementary teachers around the world pass on their love of reading to their students. She has over a decade of experience working as a classroom teacher and school administrator. Sara has made it her mission to create high quality no-fluff resources and lesson ideas that are both meaningful and engaging for young readers.
Each week, Sara and her guests will share their knowledge, tips, and tricks so that you can feel confident in your ability to transform your students into life-long readers.