Click play below to hear 10 literacy activities to use at the end of the year:
The end of the year is just about over, you’ve finished state assessments, and have covered all of the academic content you needed for this school year. So what do you do next? In today’s episode, I’m sharing 10 ideas for you to incorporate regarding writing and literacy skills that are quick, fun, and engaging!
After having a full year of planning lessons and gathering resources, these 10 writing and literacy activities are just what you need! They’re low prep, quick, and easy to implement. Your students have worked hard all year long, so this is a great time to have them reflect and celebrate their literacy growth through these instructional activities. And a bonus, you might have time to get items checked off your to-do list!
Some small things to incorporate are collaboration, movement, and adding game-like elements or incentives to your activities. Students will enjoy the ability to interact with their peers before the school year ends, for they’ve established a classroom community and relationships with their peers. Additionally, anything you can do to have your students move, the more likely they’ll be engaged and participate.
Your students have learned so many things this school year, so why not celebrate their achievements and do some fun activities. These 10 literacy activities will provide a focus on their skills that will keep them engaged until the end of school!
In this episode on literacy activities to use at the end of the year, I discuss:
- 10 literacy activities that are quick, engaging, and easy to implement
- How to modify already established literacy activities to finish the year
- Ways to reflect and celebrate all that you’ve read individually and as a class
- Check out the Stellar Teacher Reading Membership
- If you’re enjoying this podcast, please leave a review on Apple Podcasts!
Related episodes and blog posts:
- Episode 78, Literacy Routines for an Engaging End of the Year
- Episode 21, How to Keep Students Engaged Until the End of the School Year
- End of Year Celebration Ideas for Distance Learning
- Movement in the Classroom: Get Kids Moving With These 4 Easy Movement Routines
Connect with me:
- Join my newsletter
- Join the Upper Elementary Reading Teachers Facebook group
- Shop my TPT store here
- Instagram: @thestellarteachercompany
- Facebook: The Stellar Teacher Company
More About Stellar Teacher Podcast:
Welcome to the Stellar Teacher Podcast! We believe teaching literacy is a skill. It takes a lot of time, practice, and effort to be good at it. This podcast will show you how to level up your literacy instruction and make a massive impact with your students, all while having a little fun!
Your host, Sara Marye, is a literacy specialist passionate about helping elementary teachers around the world pass on their love of reading to their students. She has over a decade of experience working as a classroom teacher and school administrator. Sara has made it her mission to create high quality no-fluff resources and lesson ideas that are both meaningful and engaging for young readers.
Each week, Sara and her guests will share their knowledge, tips, and tricks so that you can feel confident in your ability to transform your students into life-long readers.